Welcome to Aikido of Bellingham
Current class schedule:
Please come and watch a class on Tuesday or Thursday if you would like to know more.
Realizing that in all ways our actions are motivated by our perceptions of the world, here at the Aikido Peace Education Center we promote and exemplify the following with consciousness:
· The essence of creation is within us all. We acknowledge and respect this fact.
· The dynamics of Universal law are expressed through the human body.
· The physical laws of the Universal have no prejudice.
· We are each responsible for the decisions we make in our daily lives. Peace, health, happiness and the basis of prosperity start with our decisions.
· Natural posture is Healing posture.
Aikido stresses blending and flowing movement from one's center. This type of movement is established by moving in complete unity from our center in a continuous, effortless, and natural way.
Discovering and expressing the connection of one's center and all life is practiced with partner participation. Each person learns centeredness in movement and gains understanding of harmony in change in the following ways:
· Kodosuru - acting - going first - to get involved without hesitation; purposeful forthright action.
· Susumu - entering - moving forward, filling in with Ki.
· Sankasuru - joining - coming together as one. Constantly enhancing.
· Nagareru - flowing - unobstructed mobility - to be in step with Nature.
· Itawaru - protecting - lovingly conscious and responsible.
· Ki O Hirogeru - Spirit of becoming more, greater.
· Yawaragi - Gentleness of Spirit.
Perception is a matter of choice and is not a fact. The willingness to shift our perception is also a choice and is not static, to be willing to explore is healing. There is no right or wrong in Aikido, instead it is learning to recognize confluence. By applying these principles, our movements and attitudes will be appropriate. Using these principles is following the path of universal love.
The only prerequisites for learning Aikido are openness, desire to learn, and commitment to use Aikido in daily life.
Aikido of Bellingham
1101 North State Street - Suite 200
Bellingham, WA. 98225
|Dojo Members Area|